Raelene was a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Johnnie B. Rawlinson, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; Notes Editor for the Nevada Law Journal; Executive Board Member for the Society of Advocates; President of the Student Gaming Law Association; and Treasurer of the Student Criminal Law Association. She received the CALI award for Outstanding Student in Trial Advocacy and recently completed mediation training at the William S. Boyd School of Law.
After law school, Raelene gained experience as a criminal prosecutor for the Clark County District Attorney, before joining the Nevada Office of Attorney General, where she served as a deputy in the Bureaus of Consumer Protection, Litigation, and Gaming and Government Affairs prosecuting deceptive trade, antitrust, and illegal tobacco sales to minors, defending civil rights litigation, and representing state agencies, respectively. Raelene also worked for the City of Las Vegas, Senior Citizens Law Project, where she prepared wills, advance directives, and beneficiary deeds.
After completing her undergraduate degree, Raelene was employed as a Field Auditor for the Nevada State Industrial Insurance System, followed by more than a decade as an agent for the Nevada State Gaming Control Board in the Audit, Enforcement, and Investigations Divisions. She was an appointed as a commissioner by Governor Guinn to Nevada Volunteers.
Raelene enjoys spending time with her husband, three sons, and two rescue dogs, volunteering as a committee member with the Boy Scouts of America, and watching a variety of high school sports.
- Administrative Law
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA & ADAAA)
- Appellate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Rights Law
- Consumer Protection
- Employment Discrimination
- Elder Law
- Gaming Law
- HOA Disputes
- Open Meeting Law
- Landlord Tenant Law
- Record Sealing
- Regulatory Compliance
- University Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2003, Law Journal, Dean’s List
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Judicial Clerkship Institute, 2003
- Nevada Law Enforcement Academy, P.O.S.T., 1994
- University Nevada Las Vegas, B.S.B.A., with distinction, 1988
- 1996, Illinois Board of Examiners, Certified Public Accountant
- 2003, State Bar of Nevada and U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- 2010, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit